April 23, 2018
睡眠好習慣Do’s and Don’ts
Do’s and Don’ts of a Good Night Rest
To ask busy city dwellers to follow Chinese medicine theory and sleep by 11pm can be quite difficult. Most don’t get home until 8 or 9pm at night. After having dinner, cleaning up and taking care of kids, it would be midnight, and this is the short personal time to catch up on phone time, watch some tv, or just have a chat with your partner about the day. Even if it’s hard to get 100 points, try noticing some daily small details and get into some good sleeping habits so you can sleep more efficiently!
Good sleep related habits:
– Sun bath often to replenish your yang qi, with good qi and blood flow comes good sleep
– Have your coffee before noon so the caffeine won’t affect your sleep quality
– Don’t over eat at dinner to give your spleen and stomach added burden
– Relax yourself, a calm mind leads to good sleep
– A healthy stomach gives you good sleep so keep your spleen and stomach healthy
Bad sleep related habits:
– Use your phone on the bed, hurts your eyes and your sleep
– Exercise at night and use up yang qi, you will end up feeling tired the next day
– Don’t sleep too much as it could affect your sleep at night
– Don’t eat tonic food without checking as they may not always help with sleep, you just need to calm your mind.
Here’s an acupoint to help relax your mind:
Shen Men Acupoint
Location: At the wrist crease, on the radial side of the flexor carpi ulnaris tendon, between the ulna and the pisiform bones.
Effects: Calms the mind and relieves anxiety