December 7, 2020
留言或按讚👍🏻支持一下我們吧！❤️ 歡迎 Follow 我們獲得更多養生資訊。
Homemade Taiwanese-style fried oyster
What would you like to eat the most when visiting the night markets in Taiwan? Many people are fond of fried oysters. “O-ah”, is the common name for oyster in the Minnan dialect, which is widely spoken in Taiwan.
“ O-ah” in actually a smaller type of oyster. It does not require a long time to mature. From the perspective of Chinese Medicine, this kind of oyster is mild in nature, can nourish the yin and replenish the blood, as well as calm our mind. It is suitable for individuals with yin deficiency, and constantly feel warm and frustrated, as well as those with insomnia problem and a troubled mind.
The secret ingredient that gives fried oyster a nice thick gooey texture is sweet potato starch, which also gives the dish a crispy and elastic texture. You can easily make fried oyster on your own. The more challenging part would be preparing the sauce in Taiwanese style. In other words, getting the taste right would mean you are halfway to success!
Fried oyster sauce
Ingredients: 6 tablespoons of tomato ketchup, 3 tablespoons of sugar, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of miso, 600ml water, white pepper powder and an appropriate amount of cornstarch water.
Preparation: Make sure all the ingredients are evenly cooked, and then add in an appropriate amount of cornstarch water to thicken the sauce. Cool down to serve.
Ingredients: 1 cup of sweet potato starch, 1.5 cup of water, 1 teaspoon of salt, 10g chopped green onion, 10 – 15 pieces of oyster, 1 egg, white pepper powder and an appropriate amount of leafy vegetables
1. Rinse the oysters thoroughly and slice the leafy vegetables.
2. Mix and stir the sweet potato starch, water, salt and white pepper powder to become a paste.
3. Heat the pan with oil and fry the oysters until golden, add in the paste until it covers all the oysters; fry until the paste becomes transparent.
4. Beat an egg on top of the oysters and cook until it hardens. Flip the fried oyster over and fry until it is golden brown in color.
5. Push the fried oysters to aside and add the sliced leafy vegetables to the pan; cover the vegetables with the fried oysters. Turn off the heat.
6. Drip some fried oyster sauce onto the fried oyster to serve.
Comment below or like 👍🏻 this post to support us. ❤️ Follow us for more healthy living tips.