August 10, 2021
留言或按讚??支持一下我們吧！❤️ 歡迎 Follow 我們獲得更多養生資訊。
Hydration before, during and after sports
We are bound to lose fluid when we sweat during sports. Hence, we must rehydrate the body regularly. In fact, we should be drinking water even before we feel thirsty. It is important to drink enough water before, during, and after sports.
Drinking plain water is good enough, but we can opt for isotonic drinks for more intense and sweat-inducing sports such as marathon and basketball. Please be mindful that excessive consumption of isotonic drinks can cause fat to accumulate if we do not exercise enough to burn the calories. It is also good to drink rice water before and after sports to replenish our stamina.
– Drink 100-150ml of water 30 minutes before the session
– This is especially important for outdoor sports to prevent heatstroke
– Opt for warm water in the winter to keep the body warm
– Take a sip or two when you feel thirsty
– Try to drink 50-100ml of water every 15-20 minutes even when you are not thirsty
– Hydrate the body according to the duration and intensity of the sports as well as the environment
– Avoid gulping down a lot of water in one go, as it could cause water intoxication (when the amount of salt and other electrolytes in your body become too diluted)
– Drink 300-500ml of plain water in stages within the next two hours, so the body can gradually absorb the liquid
*The advice above is just for reference. Adjust consumption of water according to the weather, individual’s body condition, and the intensity of the sports.
Comment below or like ?? this post to support us. ❤️ Follow us for more healthy living tips.