August 27, 2018
1. 材料洗淨， 蘋果去皮去芯備用。
Protect your eyes to avoid short-sightedness
The amount of time the eyes are used once school starts can be a lot with classes, reading and homework. In addition, some kids love their electronics and all of it can lead to short-sightedness. Chinese medicine believes the eyes are dependent on health of liver. You can prevent eye issues if your liver qi and blood are sufficient. Asthenic liver and kidneys can lead to poor eyesight and far sightedness too.
Sometimes you may experience pseudomyopia when your eyes are tired, and the muscles are constantly stressed. The condition typically happen in conditions where there is not enough light, the words are too small, or long exposure to monitor. In the long run, this will lead to short sightedness.
When your eyes feel dry, and you see red veins appear, these are warning signs from your eyes. Eye drops does not fix the root issue so it is better to take a look at your lifestyle and make adjustments. Here are some tips to protect your eyes and keep them healthy.
Tips to protect your eyes:
1. For every hour of eye usage, give yourself a 10-minute break. Let your eyes look at things farther away, and look at green plants.
2. Keep a healthy distance between your eyes and the book or monitor.
3. Ensure there is sufficient lighting.
4. Sleep before 11pm to avoid adding to your liver’s burden.
5. Consume foods that nourish the liver and kidneys such as black sesame, cashews, and black soya beans.
Healing tea to protect your eyes:
Effects: Clear the liver and improve vision, relieve dry and red eyes
Ingredients: 2 apples, 6g chrysanthemum buds, 10g wolfberries, rock sugar to taste
1. Rinse all ingredients thoroughly. Peel and core apples.
2. Combine all ingredients with 800ml of water and cook on high heat until boiling. Turn to low heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Add in rock sugar at the end.