July 6, 2018
【#24節氣 – 小暑】是日小暑
Minor heat solar term
Today marks the minor heat solar term which means we are approaching the hottest days of the year. People tend to sweat more even without any intense exercising, and you may be losing fluids without knowing. It is important to replenish your fluids with proper seasonal fruits and vegetables such as winter melon, loofah, cucumber. You can also have sour foods to promote fluid production such as tomatoes, pineapples, lemon, sour plum. These also help to improve your appetite.
As it’s quite hot, remember to properly balance work and rest and protect your yang qi. It is more suitable to do calmer activities such as gentle hikes, reading and playing chess.
– be sure to clear heat and relieve summer heat, strengthen the spleen and nourish yin
– drink rice water to repair damage to the spleen and stomach due to consumption of cold and raw foods
– you cannot avoid sweating, so apply some deodorant accordingly
– at your leisure time, spend some time in the nature
– have a bowl of mung bean dessert soup to clear heat