January 13, 2019
City-wide alert for influenza
Winter flu season has arrived, and many public and private hospitals are full. If you just cough when riding public transit, many people may stare with angst afraid to catch something. At work, you hear coughing everywhere and most people have face masks on. What would be the best way to protect from getting sick? Influenza is a seasonal flu, and those with lowered immunity like elderlies, children, pregnant women, or those with chronic illness need to be careful as influenza can lead to serious complications.
During flu season, it is important to pay attention hygiene and strengthen immunity, try these tips below. For those with chronic nasal allergy or reoccurring flu, aside from drinking rice water daily, try having Jade Screen Powder tea to improve health, replenish and nourish lung qi.
Tips to protect against influenza:
– Avoid going to overly crowded places. If it is unavoidable, wear a mask.
– Keep both hands clean, and wash hands after touching things in public.
– Keep a bland and light diet, and reduce consumption of cold and raw foods, fried and oily things.
– Have adequate sleep, and avoid late nights.
– Exercise appropriately.
– Have rice water daily to strengthen the spleen and stomach and improve overall health
Jade Screen Powder Tea
Effects: replenish lung qi. Suitable for those with reoccurring flu and nasal allergies. Not suitable for those recovering from cold/flu.
Ingredients: 10g Astragalus root, 10g bighead atractylodes rhizome, 10g Radix saposhnikoviae divaricatae
Preparation: Rinse all ingredients thoroughly. Combine with 600-800ml of water and cook on high heat until boiling. Turn to low heat and simmer for 30 minutes.