September 26, 2020
留言或按讚??支持一下我們吧！❤️ 歡迎 Follow 我們獲得更多養生資訊。
Do’s and Don’ts when drinking honey water
When entering autumn, many people enjoy drinking honey water to cope with dryness. The sweet taste and scent also help the body feel hydrated and refreshed. From the perspective of Chinese Medicine, honey is indeed nature’s gift to help with hydration. It is mild in nature, can nourish the spleen and moisten the lungs, intestines and dispel toxins from the body.
Avoid consuming honey if you have damp-heat or damp-phlegm body constitutions, as it can further cause phlegm production and disrupt the airway in your throat; honey also has a mild laxative effect, which can cause individuals with a weak spleen and stomach to experience bloating and diarrhea.
Are you aware of areas you should take note of when preparing honey water?
– use warm water (60 degree Celsius and below) to make the drink
– store it in a dry cooling place, does not need refrigeration
– can moisten intestines to relieve constipation
– a spoonful of honey a day is sufficient
– avoid using metal utensils to scoop
– toddlers aged one and below should not consume honey
– not suitable for those prone to diarrhea
– avoid drinking honey water with an empty stomach
Comment below or like ?? this post to support us. ❤️ Follow us for more healthy living tips.