May 18, 2018
Summer bath to relieve tiredness
Everyone loves to bath in the winter as bathing can promote blood circulation and keep warm. But did you know it is also beneficial to take baths in the summer? The humidity is high during spring and summer and people naturally would feel more tired. Chinese medicine believes you should nourish yang during spring and summer and bathing can achieve that. Using appropriate warm water, you also expand your blood vessels and helps to promote blood circulation, relax the mind and body and this is especially suitable for those who are nervous and stressed. Bathing also has the side benefit of deep cleaning your skin as you will sweat during baths causing your pores to open up and get rid of toxins. This helps with edema and is a great way to detoxify and lose weight!
If you don’t have a tub at home, then try soaking your feel to relieve stress as well!
Summer bathing tips:
– Water temperature should be 38°C-40°C and not too hot
– Don’t bath for more than 15 minutes
– Have a cup of water before the bath to replenish your fluids
– Don’t bathe 30 minutes before or 1 hour after meals
– Gently apply moisturizer on your skin after bathing
– If you feel any dizziness during your bat, stop immediately
– For those with hypertension, heart disease, eczema, pregnant or weaker bodies, baths are not suitable