January 3, 2019
– 老火湯(煲3小時以上) 不宜每天喝，煲湯1.5-2小時就足夠
Have more seaonal healthy soups
When we are young, we may not know how to appreciate soups. Once we move out as adults, we might miss the soups from mom! Aside from being tasty, soups are healthy option for Hong Kong people. Based on seasonality and body types, adding in appropriate ingredients and herbs, you can make a delicious and healthy soup. By drinking soup and adjusting lifestyle, you can decrease the chance of getting sick.
Notes for making soup:
– Choose mild nature gourds, vegetables and herbs to make your soup so it will be suitable for the whole family.
– Choose seasonal ingredients, usually gourds in the summer and leafy vegetables in the winter. It is more affordable and suitable for the season.
– Do not have double-stewed soups (cooked for 3 hours or more) daily, generally 1.5-2 hours is enough for soups.
– You can eat the ingredients in soup too as they are nutritious.
Conch soup with corn and fresh Chinese yam
Effects: Nourishes yin and qi, strengthens the body and immunity
Ingredients: 2 ears of corn, 1 fresh Chinese yam, 1 frozen fresh conch, 20g fox nuts, 40g white hyacinth bean, 4-5 dried scallops, 2 candied dates
1. Rinse all ingredients thoroughly. Remove membrane from corn and cut into pieces. Peel Chinese yam and cut into pieces. Blanch conch.
2. Combine all ingredients with 2500ml of water and cook on high heat until boiling Turn to low heat and simmer for 1.5 hour. Add salt to taste.
Tips to strengthen spleen and dispel dampness:
Add in appropriate ingredients such as black-eyed peas, poria, corn silk, hyacinth bean coat. You can add in a pack of dawn rice water powder into soup to cook to increase thickness of soup and strengthen the spleen and stomach.