January 28, 2021
留言或按讚??支持一下我們吧！❤️ 歡迎 Follow 我們獲得更多養生資訊。
Sumptuous meals for camping trips
Dealing with ingredients when cooking outdoors
Cooking outdoors is an important part of camping. With limited resources, campers work together to prepare dishes, and this is definitely an unique experience that does not come by easily.
If we wish to have a more enjoyable outdoor cooking experience, we need to be mindful of the ingredients. Remember to use reusable bags to reduce waste, bring them home, and dispose them properly.
– Choose stem vegetables that can stay fresh for a longer time. For instance, onion, potato, carrot, and sweet potato.
– For leafy greens, buy only the fresh ones (dry and not frozen).
– Remove the skin or blanch in water in advance and then freeze the ingredients. Doing so can reduce the cooking time.
– If they are vacuum-packed, bring them as they are. If they are not, place reusable beeswax wraps between the meat layers to ease the cooking process.
– Marinate the meat beforehand, if necessary, and store them in the freezer.
– If need be, blanch them in water first and freeze them. Doing so can reduce the cooking time.
– It is best to consume fresh meat on the first day of the trip.
– For fish, you should remove all its innards.
– As for shellfish, brush and clean them appropriately.
– Divide them into smaller portions according to the number of meals, and then freeze them.
Seasonings and condiments
– Chop onion, ginger and garlic in advance and place them into containers.
– Pre-mix the sauces, as needed.
– If there are plans to make soup, pack seasonings and condiments into sachets.
Food tips when camping:
If you are having barbequed food, try to pair it with some cool natured vegetables and fruits to balance the heat, for example, lettuce, eggplant, tomato, asparagus, pear and dragonfruit.
Comment below or like ?? this post to support us. ❤️ Follow us for more healthy living tips.