September 2, 2019
When should you nourish your body after giving birth?
The confinement month focuses on proper nourishment in traditional way. Whether it was caesarean or vaginal delivery, the recovery diet plan is comprised of replenishing dishes such as ginger rice and fried rice water to nourish the body. Chinese medicine theory believes that the post-natal body constitution tend to have more asthenic symptoms and more blood stasis, mostly due to massive bleeding during childbirth, resulting in both qi and blood deficiency. It may also be due to insufficient qi and poor blood circulation then leads to blood stasis, or blood stagnation caused by child birth. It is not as simple as buying a 30-day confinement month package, but instead you should nourish your body according to your body condition. Some of you may wonder why you need to hire an expensive confinement lady for simple conditions. In fact, professional confinement lady will provide the proper suggestions and cook meals that can aid recovery and help to increase breast milk, and ensure mother and newborn are properly taken care of.
Focus during confinement month: light diet, clearing the lochia
– Eat light and nutritious foods – mainly steamed, boiled and stewed to ensure the spleen and stomach can easily absorb the nutrients.
– Avoid eating cold/raw foods, to avoid pain or discomfort caused by invasion of cold.
– After child birth, you can start drinking warm or hot rice water to nourish the spleen and stomach, help the body to recover, and those with cold body condition can drink fried rice water.
– If there is ankle edema after delivery, you can try edema healing tea: 9g poria, 6g atractylodes rhizome, 6g hyacinth bean coat, 9g dried citrus peel
– Although Sheng Hua Tang can help to shrink the uterus and discharge lochia, it is not suitable for women who had caesarean delivery or have already clear most lochia. Otherwise, the lochia will increase. It is recommended to consult a Chinese medicine practitioner first.
– Those with asthenic and cold body condition can eat pork knuckle and ginger stew after 12 days of birth, but those with heat-related body condition should eat less.
– You can add appropriate amount of ingredients that can promote qi and blood such as Chinese red dates, condonopsifis rodix, and pseudostellaria root according to your body condition.
Note that those who had caesarean delivery and the wound has not completely recover should not eat ginger or fish that is intended to help with wound recovery.
#女 #我疲憊 #氣虛 #血虛 #血瘀 #孕婦 #坐月