September 22, 2017
2. 鍋中加入約2000毫升水，放入全部材料，武火煮至水滾，調文火煮約1小時， 最後下鹽調味即可。
Friday Soup Series
Done with the yellowish complexion?
Take a look into the mirror, and answer these questions:
1. Do you have a yellowish complexion?
2. Is the skin on your face loose, especially around your cheeks?
3. Do you have any facial shine?
If your complexion is yellowish without shine, and your facial skin is loose, you might be experiencing an asthenic spleen! When the spleen is functioning properly with qi and blood circulating, your skin will receive the nourishment it needs accordingly. But a lot of people are busy with work and rely on juice and salad as meals. The burden on the spleen increases and you lose your healthy complexion. Try having a bowl of spleen strengthening vegetarian soup!
Vegetarian soup to bid yellowish complexion goodbye
Ingredients: 2 ears of corn, half a head of cabbage, 2 potatoes, 15g wild yam, 30g pearl barley, 3 figs
1. Rinse all ingredients thoroughly. Remove husk and silk from corn and cut into pieces. Thinly slice cabbage. Peel and cut potatoes into pieces.
2. Combine ingredients with 2000ml of water in a pot, and place over high heat until the water boils. Switch to low heat and simmer for an additional hour. Add salt to taste.
Effects: Strengthens the spleen and replenishes qi. Alleviates symptoms of unintentional deep breaths, pale complexion and poor sleep quality.